SIGNA Sports United (SSU) has built the global #1 sports e-commerce & technology platform with market leading positions in Bike, Tennis, Outdoor & Team Sports. We are leveraging our unique tech and operating platform to power our leading online shops like Fahrrad.de, Bikester, Probikeshop, Tennis-Point, Outfitter, and many more, and to provide solutions to industry partners, including endto-end e-commerce as-a-service solutions for brands and federations, connecting and enabling offline specialist retailers and integrating with digital sports communities.
We recently announced to go public through a business combination agreement with Yucaipa Acquisition Corporation (NYSE: YAC). The combination also includes the acquisition of the WiggleCRC Group, one of the largest online bike retailers globally, currently owned by Bridgepoint.
The combined entity will become the largest pure-play sports e-commerce and technology platform company by revenue, with expected net revenues of approximately $1.6 billion in the financial year ending on September 30, 2021, serving over 7 million active customers, 1,000+ brand partners, 500+ connected retail stores, and more than 15 million sports community users globally.
The (Senior) Legal Counsel will report directly to the General Counsel and will be responsible for ecommerce, data protection and compliance related topics.
Roles and Responsibilites
• advise our central business and tech department in Berlin on strategic and operative ecommerce related topics, particularly in the field of data protection
• advise our national and international subsidiaries on implementing consistent data protection strategies and policies and other e-commerce related topics
• manage the roll-out and maintenance of our group wide digital compliance tools
• build, maintain and grow our e-learning platform
• provide legal support in M&A processes (including post-merger integration)
• work closely with our financial risk management and compliance department to support with SOX compliance topics
• Preferably German 2. State Examination, alternatively Bachelor/Master in law with focus on data protection/e-commerce topics
• Ideally 2 years or more of work experience in relevant sectors
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong project management and execution abilities
• Very good communication and relationship management skills
• Ability to work both in German and English
• Fast paced company with exciting challenges
• Highly self-organised and autonomous way of working
• Very dynamic environment with sport-enthusiastic colleagues
• The combination of Tech and Sports E-Commerce is one of the most exciting and promising businesses in these days
• Open and transparent international company culture
• Flat hierarchies and fast decision making
• Direct reporting line to Group General Counsel
We are looking forward to getting to know you!