SIGNA Sports United (SSU) has built the global #1 sports commerce & tech platform with market leading positions in Bike, Tennis, Outdoor & Team Sports. We are leveraging our unique tech and operating platform to power our leading online shops like Fahrrad.de, Bikester, Probikeshop, Tennis-Point, Outfitter, and many more, and to provide solutions to industry partners, including end-to-end e-commerce as-a-service solutions for brands and federations, connecting and enabling offline specialist retailers through our proprietary Connected Retail Platform and integrating with digital sports communities.
As a Head of Commercial Operations, you report directly to the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) of SIGNA Sports United, and lead a central team at group level, which supports our businesses to optimize commercial functions and further improve their financial performance. An eye for detail and an aptitude for solving complex problems are required. Furthermore, the role requires a deep understanding of the most relevant commercial e-commerce functions paired with strong business judgement, project management skills, and an empathic and inclusive leadership style.
The SSU Group shares a highly entrepreneurial management culture embracing self-determined and proactive ways-of-working with a pragmatic “can-do” attitude. Together, we lead sports businesses and entrepreneurs in the digital age.
• You lead and develop our SSU Group Commercial Operations team including hiring, training and personal development
• You and your team identify and evaluate the improvement potential along all commercial functions together with the management team from the business units
• You prioritize and align the scope and timelines of commercial projects in close collaboration with the management teams from the business units
• You staff the project teams and steer the commercial projects including stakeholder management and communication including 360-degree feedback
• You report results to management and other stakeholders including financial, operational and broader team sentiment KPIs like a Employee Net Promoter score
• You have more than ten years professional work experience of which at least five years in an e-commerce environment
• You have experience and capability to building and leading diverse teams, ideally in an international e-commerce environment
• You are characterized by a strong analytical mindset paired with an equally strong empathic personality and a natural “can-do” attitude
• You have proven work expertise in 2-3 core e-commerce commercial functions, eg., Merchandising, Sourcing, Marketing, Sales, Pricing
• You have proven project management skills, ideally with international teams with diverse backgrounds
• You bring the ability to work effectively in a multi-task and high volume, complex environment which requires the ability to manage ambiguity and to be adaptable and flexible in responding to deadlines and workflow fluctuations
• Your distinctive communication skills will help you to coordinate people involved from in- and outside the company and enable you to present problems in a target group-oriented manner
• You present and communicate your ideas and concepts in a clear and concise way to stakeholders and towards top management