SIGNA Sports United is Continental Europe’s leading sports E-commerce platform, operating around 80 webshops in 17 countries across the fast-growing categories of bike, tennis, outdoor, team sports & athleisure. Serving a customer base of approximately 2.5 million active customers, with more than 169 million website visits and more than 3.4 million net orders in the twelve months ended June 30, 2018, we are the go-to sports online shopping platform for Continental Europe’s sports enthusiasts.
Providing customers access to the best-in-class product assortments in a variety of sports and lifestyle categories, we continue to build and invest in our harmonized growth platform to power our dedicated and market leading category champion destinations.
SIGNA Sports United operates in the large sports retail market, which is characterized by strong growth driven by several mega trends.
SIGNA Sports United is Continental Europe’s market leader in four key categories: bike, outdoor, tennis, team sports and athleisure. The company continues to build and invest in its harmonized growth platform to power its uniquely differentiated category champion destinations. SIGNA Sports United is well positioned to grow with above market rates by leveraging strongly increasing online penetration and consolidating the highly fragmented European sports retail market.
Unlike generalist online retailers with limited to no specific sports category expertise, we focus on providing the best-in-class assortment in our categories and on delivering a superb category-specific customer experience by inspiring, guiding, servicing and engaging our customers. That is why sports enthusiasts choose our webshops as the go-to destinations for their sports related online shopping needs.
Over the past years, SIGNA Sports United has implemented a focused ‘buy and build’ strategy to develop the leading sports E-commerce platform by strengthening the existing propositions of our profitably growing category champion destinations and by acquiring complementary businesses that benefit from economies of scale. In addition, we are continuously evolving and expanding our synergistic growth platform through investment in smart data analytics, joint marketing capabilities, a highly scalable, modular IT infrastructure, an efficient expansion of our warehousing and logistics capabilities, and through the consolidation of shared services functions.
As we work towards continuously driving long-term profitable growth, we are planning to:
- Continuously invest in our core businesses to leverage the strong organic growth in the sports online retail market
- Selectively build out and expand our European geographical reach across our existing sports and outdoor categories
- Invest in complementary product categories and sub-categories
- Continuously develop our multichannel offerings by driving mobile/online experiences, adding more features and selectively expanding our customer touch points
- Make bolt-on acquisitions to strengthen our category champion positions in existing or new markets across Europe
- Leverage new technologies to expand our value propositions within the current value chain and beyond
- In the mid- to longer-term, find the appropriate partners to expand our propositions to Asia and/or the U.S.
Our strategy is driven by our vision of building the #1 Global Sports E-commerce Platform.